Friday, March 16, 2012

An open letter to the United Nations

A link to this letter has been sent to the United Nations via the United Nations website.
Dear United Nations,

I would like the United Nations to please consider joining me in an investigation of mental health care human rights abuses in the United States and how the United States runs civil mental health care court proceedings and the ramifications of these proceedings. I began investigating this matter when as a young physician I observed the human rights of patients being violated in several mental hospital settings.

Than in 1989 I was lured to Houston, Texas with promises of discussions of career opportunities. Upon arrival in Houston I was kidnapped, drugged and thrown into a locked ward of a mental hospital by professional enemies who have wanted my mental health care reform initiatives crushed. Thereafter in a delirious state from the kidnapping, beating, and drugging I was dragged down to a swift civil court hearing with no jury and no sworn in testimony by a vicious human rights abuser psychiatrist, Dr Theodore Pearlman. The presiding judge, Scanlan, also clearly a human rights abuser, ordered 90 days of outpatient treatment based on the swift testimony of Dr Pearlman, who misdiagnosed me as suffering from bipolar disorder.

All along all independent, qualified medical and legal counsel aside from my background credentials as a legally licensed New York state physician who graduated from Dickinson College in historic Carlisle, Pennsylvania with the honors of Phi Beta Kappa and summa cum laude has confirmed that I do not and never suffered from mental illness. I also have a clean criminal record and I am a 100% peace activist who does not and never accepted the use of force to get my way. Yet, all of my vital professional and business interests have been cruelly blacklisted since this case in Texas. My treatment leading up to his trial was a violation of my right to physical and psychological integrity as well as of a presumption of innocence of mental illness. And yet not one American lawyer has offered to take my case to a higher court of law with me. American lawyers have either ignored my requests for legal help or have politely advised me in the American legal system there is simply nothing they feel they can do about this.

And now at 57 years old with a poor immigrant wife from Vietnam and our two grade school children to care for here in New York state I am struggling daily to keep them alive and in good health in the poverty which I have been pushed into with what little personal funds I can come up with. And unless the blacklist is lifted I am concerned my family and I may not have any money at all someday. Also, the US feds have made it clear they are keeping me under 24 hour a day electronic surveillance, with associated painful badgering, in association with the false allegations of mental illness.

The Democratic Party and Republican Party US lawmakers, FBI, US Attorney Generals office, and US medical school psychiatry departments have ignored my repeated requests for an inquiry into this case and to open up investigations of American psychiatry. I have therefore started up the "Mandel News Service", which is a mental health care activist news line, and "The Harold Mandel, MD Natural Mental Health Care Reform Association" to confront the issues raised by mental health care human rights abuses. These entities can be found online at their links to Dr Harold Mandel Online. Many people across the United States and overseas have since contacted me online with concerns about similar mental health care human rights issues. I would deeply appreciate the advice and other assistance of the United Nations in dealing with the issues raised herein. I am available to come to New York city from Liverpool, New York where I presently reside with my family, to discuss these matters.

Sincerely,

Harold Mandel, MD