Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Remembering Why The Trash Psychiatrists Turned on Me!

I went back in time in my mind to attempt to restructure when the brutal criminally insane American psychiatrists first started to turn the same type of mental health care human rights abuses as I have been fighting a lifetime to wipe out against me.

My senior year of medical in Hawaii at Kapiolani Children's Center in Honolulu where I did an elective in Child Psychiatry I did not prescribe one drug for one of the kids and I did not put down one definitive diagnosis of anything on the charts. If it appeared the kids were having some problems in their lives I talked with them pleasantly about some nice things they might be interested in, such as the beach, played with them, and even finger painted with them.

My senior year back at Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia I took a Psych ER elective. I released every patient that did not want to be there as long as they were not wanted for a major crime, such as murder or rape, and as long as they did not express any desires to commit any serious crimes.

During a month working as an intern at Temple University in Philadelphia I was starting to feel pretty sad that I was being ordered by Dr Steinhouse, the Residency Director, who is still there, to tie most of the patients up against their desires and force them to have electric shock treatments every morning. Dr Steinhouses disgusting attitudes about human rights of the patients and his arrogance in dealing with me lead me to quit.

During a one month period during an internship at Maricopa Medical Center in Phoenix, Arizona I again let go as many patients as I possibly could. I remember a motor cycle rider wearing a black leather jacket brought in by the police, who I guess wanted me to put him in a hospital for evaluation. He wanted to simply get back out in the fresh air and soar away on his motor cycle. He was not charged with any crimes aside from speeding and he had no interest in committing any crimes. I told him to please try to follow the speed limit and that I couldn't help him if he lost his drivers license over that, wished him well, shook his hand, and told him to get out there and enjoy the open road!

Late one Saturday night there was a middle aged guy being held in a strait jacket on the second floor at Maricopa Medical Center. He was virtually in tears from the pain and humiliation from all of this. I read his chart and realized he had actually done nothing much aside from maybe raising his voice in some type of debate or argument. I asked him if he wanted to be in the hospital or if he was planning to hurt anyone. He said no and I ordered the strait jacket taken off of him and I signed the release papers, shook his hand and wished him good luck. I told him he could call me if he wanted to talk about anything at anytime.

There was another patient who was being held under a judges order even though he had not committed any crimes. He was a teen. In this case his family was fighting for him, not against him. His mom called me and asked how we could over-ride the judges order and get her son out of that place. I suggested perhaps a call to the governors office might work in opening up an investigation because I did not ask for the judges order and I could not over-ride the judges order. And so I placed a call to previous Governor Babbit's office about this case to try to have the kid released.

Clearly, the American psychiatrists, who have demonstrated their thirst for holding, drugging, humiliating, beating, isolating, labeling, handcuffing, stigmatizing, and committing as many people as possible have been furious at my initiatives to bring some humanity to mental health care and together decided to retaliate against me by having me enslaved, tortured and slowly murdered by the same type of brutal mental health care human rights abuses as I have spent a lifetime fighting to wipe out!

Harold Mandel, MD 

MandelNews.com