Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Press Release Regarding the American Presidents

I understand that there has been some controversy regarding my online criticisms of the mental health care policies of President Obama and past Presidents George W Bush, Bill Clinton, George Bush, Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan. This has lead to false accusations against me that I at sometime threatened to kill or planned to kill these Presidents. This is completely false and these false accusations are based on words and phrases taken out of context and completely misunderstood. I am a 100% peace activist who does not like any weapons or violence in any forms. My criticisms of the mental health care policies of the Democrats and Republicans are simply meant to effect positive changes. I have never threatened or planned to take the lives of the American Presidents or anyone else for that matter. And, I do not support anyone else doing so. In fact as a legally licensed physician it is my professional obligation to turn in anyone who makes legitimate threats against the lives of the Presidents of the United States or any other persons, whether Americans or foreigners, into the proper law enforcement agencies even though I often do not like the manners in which our law enforcement agencies do things. I would fulfil this professional obligation from here in the United States or from anyplace in the world including my wife’s native country of Vietnam! I am angry at the American Presidents for not moving aggressively to reform mental health care; however, when pushed to the limit to comment on them and their families my true emotions are that I wish them and their families long, healthy, happy, and prosperous lives and I only pray they would wish the same for me and my family.-Harold Mandel, MD